Posted by ccnaguy
The CCNA Exam is a challenging exam, but the rewards are well worth it once you pass and become a qualified CCNA. Here are some tips to help you get through the exam:
- Ensure that you are familiar with the CCNA prep material. I highly recommend reading and re-reading the CCNA books recommended in this post in order to be well prepared for the exam.
- Subnetting is an important topic. Be sure that you are familiar with subnetting and VLSM and you are able to do this quickly.
- Time management is key. It is better to skip a difficult question rather than spend all your time on it and miss out on scoring on the easier questions. An exception would be the simulation questions – do not skip these as they carry many points. It is likely that you will fail the exam should you not be able to complete the simulations to a satisfactory level. There are also specific strategies to save time and I will discuss those in another post.
- There will be 2-3 lab/simulation questions per CCNA exam. Ensure that you are well prepared by using either real equipment or simulation software. I highly recommend CCNA Virtual Lab, Titanium Edition for this purpose.
- Try not to think too deeply into the questions, as often the exam is looking for a straightforward answer based on the study material.
2 Responses to “5 Top Tips for Passing the CCNA Exam”
Leave a Reply